1. My salvation. While I'm not great about attending church, I am grateful for my Lord and Savior.
2. My husband and best friend. I am deeply, passionately and thoroughly in love with my husband. All throughout my teenage years, I prayed for "a date that would make a good mate" and boy did God deliver on that one. I am so incredibly lucky.
3. Ma'am. Not only did Ma'am fix my broken heart years ago when she was born, she completed me. She is one of the most empathetic and caring people I have ever known. She has an amazing ability to clue in on how people are feeling and then feels what they're feeling. She is a special gift.
4. Sir. Looking at him playing last night, I remarked, "He is the best surprise ever." You see, after years of infertility and treatments, Sir was a... how shall we say it? a surprise?! When I look at him I see pure sunshine. This magical miraculous boy has stolen my heart. He is love, hope and happiness all rolled into one sticky mess. Joy, pure joy.
5. My job. I have been with my firm for 10 years and they have afforded me the opportunity to grow as an individual and a professional in ways that many are never fortunate to experience. As the President of my firm is known to say, "We live the dream that other's dream." Yes its a job and yes there are pitfalls but overall it has given me a world that I never thought possible for myself.
6. My friends. I've never been one to have a lot of friends but those I do have I am so very thankful for. They have lifted me up through some pretty tough times and have helped me celebrate the great times.
7. My in-laws. Yes, you heard me right, my in-laws. From the day I met my mother and father in-law, I have felt welcomed, accepted and loved. I only knew my husband for 3 weeks when he took me with him to his family reunion as a surprise. He was going to surprise his family with me and his mom was going to surprise him by bringing his then girlfriend of several years. Good thing his mom had second thoughts before bringing her! They were obviously shocked to learn about me but upon meeting me, his dad gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear "I already like you better than the other one."
8. My life experiences. While I haven't learned all of the lessons hidden in the crappy events of life, I've learned enough to know that I need to keep an open mind and heart and the lesson will come. And I will be a better person for it.
9. My home. It's not always clean (except for Thursdays - Thank you Daisy!) and its not magazine ready decorated but its cozy. And love lives here.
10. The ability to give back. I've always been much better at writing a check than giving of my time. This year I made a commitment to give more of myself and I am so thankful that I did. It has really given me a sense of community that I have never felt before.
With all of that said, here are a few pics from our Thanksgiving Eve!