So here is my plan (see I told you I'm good at planning!):
- Come up with a list of about 5 projects to complete with a deadline of 3/31.
- Assign time lines, shopping lists, and other resources needed (ie. Mister's muscles)
- Scour blogs and magazines for inspirational ideas. (I am loving Honey We're Home's organizing series!)
- Schedule specific time to prep, shop, execute!
Here is my list of projects for Q1 (please forgive the quality of the pictures. My camera needs to go to the shop and I am borrowing anothers).
- Pantry- We are going to be moving in the next year and don't want to overhaul the shelving so I plan on laying MDF on top of the wire shelves.
- Master closet- It's a beautiful closet overwhelmed with shoes, purses and clothes that no longer fit.
- Garage (for the second time this year!) Thankfully my 17 year old nephew and brother are staying with us which will be extremely helpful to Mister's muscles as I sit and point.
- Kid's rooms/closets- No explanation needed.
- Book case- I am an avid reader whose book collection has grown to insane proportions! I have got to edit and plan on donating most of my books to the local VA hospital.
- Pictures- My grandfather took pictures of everything! EVERYTHING! and I have inherited all of those photo books. Many of the pics can be thrown away (pictures of snow falling, of the car accident by his house, his new driveway, of the ball dropping on New Years on tv); however the rest are irreplaceable and need to be scanned and protected. His pictures from WWII, family pictures going back the 1920's, every birth in our family, dance recitals, baseball games, Christmases, etc.
I'll do my best to document my progress and maybe, just maybe, I'll end up being an inspiration who also suffers from being a Wannabe!