Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008: What a ride!

I am so thankful to celebrate the New Year! 2008 was eventful to say the least. It started out on a high with a trip to Paris and Monte Carlo in March and then hit a snag when Mister was laid off in May. But then things started to look up when he decided to open his own firm only to come crashing down with the rest of the economy only months later. Good fortune then spiked with the news that I got a great promotion and then the little fender bender love tap I received sucked that good fortune right out the window. After a month of chriropractic treatment, I am in almost constant pain and am anxiously awaiting the results of my MRI. My wish for 2009? Not so much much drama. I'll gladly sacrifice some of the highs to omit some of the lows.

We did have a great Christmas and New Years though! I've been off of work for the last two weeks and despite the many doctors appoints and time spent getting my car repaired, its been nice to have the extra free time. I have even slept in 2 mornings! All the way to 9:00am!! Christmas was very low key. We spent Christmas Eve with the in-laws in Siesta Key,FL eating a delicous Cuban feast of mojo pork, yellow rice and beans. Delish! This year we all decided to only buy for those living under our roof (with the exception of the grandparents who were allowed to buy for any child still living under their parent's roof). This made for a very strees free Christmas! Christmas day was spent at home with my brother's and my sister's families. That equaled to 5 little ones under the age of 5 running amuck fueled by Christmas joy.

Last night we spent New Year's Eve with friends. Friends who graciously took us out in their boat to watch the fireworks. Friends who unfortunately lost the markers and ended up running into a sandbar. Our captain was stressed out but I was quite content to snuggle my little ones all wrapped up in blankets. We let Sir and Ma'am stay up to ring in the New Year and for the first time in years, I gave my New Year kiss to someone other than Mister. Sir, with his runny little nose and cold lips, was the benefactor. Lucky man! ;-)

I'll post some pics once I find the camera. We went to the beach the other day and it's still stuck in one of beach bags. I'm sure its all nice and sandy by now!

Happy 2009 everyone! I wish that you all have the type of year that you are dreaming of be it full of adventure or nice and boring~ like I hope mine is!

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

Happy 2009 to you. HOpe this goes smoother this year!