Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Parties Galore!

I love the holiday season and how we take the time to celebrate with those that we love. Friday night, we attended a party with a group of very special friends. When we moved to the home we are living in now, Ma'am started attending a brand new daycare that is around the corner from our street. She became fast friends with 3 other children and now 4 years later, The Henchmen (as I call them) are all still fast friends. And even better, all of the parents are friends too! The kids had a great time exchanging gifts and the parents had an even better time drinking Toasted Almonds!(Fill blender with ice. Fill 1/3 with Kahlua, 1/3 with Amaretto, 1/3 with vanilla ice cream, blend and enjoy!) We also had the pleasure of the daycare's old owners' company. They recently sold the daycare but we all still stay in touch. They are actually watching Ma'am and Sir right now while Mister is at the Bucs game and I'm home sick on the couch blogging.) I am so thankful that our children are all growing up together and my hope is that these relationships will continue to grow as time goes on!

Then on Saturday night, we attended a party in a beautiful Seminole Heights bungalow thrown by one of my employees. I've blogged before about how great my work is and one of the things that makes it so great is one of the team's I lead. I am so fortunate to work with such a great group of people who truly act and feel like a family. Unfortunately, the nasty cold that has me sidelined today started in last night and we weren't able to stay as long as I would have liked to but we had a great time while we were there.

So here is to all of my friends and my hope of a Merry Christmas for all of them.

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

WE ONLY HAD ONE PARTY THIS YEAR, WHICH IS SO ODD. I THINK PEOPLE ARE CUTTING BACK THIS YEAR.